As much as I love my sister, she can be one of the most annoying people I know. Exhibit A) She has a fear of bugs so strong she cannot stand within a 3 foot vicinity of a wall with a fly on it. Exhibit B) She listens to Electric Love by Borns way too much. Way too much. Like more than I listen to Famous than Kanye West. That’s when you know. Exhibit C) She bakes a lot. While listening to Electric Love. Don’t get me wrong, 9 times out of 10, I want to eat those 500 cupcakes on the countertop but the 1 time out of 10 I’m trying my hardest to eat clean and the scent of sugar cookies and chocolate doesn’t quite help my insane sweet tooth.
However, I prefer classic chocolate chip cookies over some tiramisu cake and I know a lot of other people do too, so I decided to photograph my sister baking the iconic chocolate chip cookies. The process is really quick and really easy, but of course, you end up with delectable moist, soft, and gooey chocolate chip cookies.
Oh! I also made a Facebook page for But I’m Brenda so if you enjoy the content here, then give it a like! 👍👍👍
T H E I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter (1 stick) **room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg **room temperature
- approx. 1 cup of chocolate chips
T H E S T E P S
- Beat the butter and sugar (brown & white) together
- Once the mixture is evenly blended, add the vanilla extract and egg, and continue to beat.
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients together: salt, baking powder, flour
- On low speed, slowly add your dry ingredients to the batter (step 2)
- Once everything is mixed, add in the chocolate chips. If your blender is not powerful enough, folding the chocolate chips works just as well! 🙂
- Bake at 350* F for 12 minutes.
- and… D E V O U R ! ! !
I don’t know about you, but I’d consider chocolate chip cookies old…but gold.