I have a tendency to take showers at my friends’ houses whether I’m running late going over, spending the night, or just about anything in between. When I take showers at their houses, I also tend to look at what products they use, #justbrendathings. Not creepy at all right? But let’s be real, you do it too, don’t lie. But when I shower at home (majority of the time), I really make sure I fill my shower with minimal yet incredible products because after all, my shower is my sanctuary, a place for all of my thoughts to come unraveled in addition to my bumpin’ dance moves and glorious singing notes.
T H E P R O D U C T S
- Aveda Shampure Conditioner and Shampoo: Love. This. Stuff. Plus, check out that massive bottle. I’ve been using it for about a year and I have a lot left so it’s not going anywhere soon. No complaints.
- Kiehl’s Calendula Foaming Face Cleanser: I take showers at night so I wash my face using my daily cleanser which I also use in the mornings. It foams really well and leaves your skin clean and fresh feeling without stripping it of the essential oils.
(Below are going left to right)
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub: In the midst of my caution of heavy chemical-based products, this scrub is a score. It’s made with algae and other lovely sea stuff so it ups the appeal factor, of course. Despite the amazing ORGANIC ingredients in this holy-grail product, it leaves your skin glowing, silky smooth, and with a better texture and even tone. It’s so good that 85% of people who’ve used it saw a decrease in pigmentation. No pigmentation, no problem.
- Acure Stimulating Body Wash: Of course, this wash is also organic which means that it’s got added benefits. It definitely has my my skin softer so I’m not complaining. Plus, it’s formulated with Argan oil which is the king of oils so can’t beat that.
- CleanLogic Body Wash: Not really sure why it’s here, but it is. Just a cleanser in case I run out I guess….it doesn’t do anything significantly beneficial but they donate to a non-profit organization that helps kids with blindness hence the brail on the bottle. I love any sort of product that is affiliated with a funding project so whether or not the product is the best, I’ll be checking it out.
- eos Shaving Cream: I’m not too specific with shaving creams but this smells nice and prevents nicks, bumps, and cuts so why the hell not?
- Kiehl’s Purifying Cleanser: Used sparingly for pesky pimples, this cleanser really works. It’s basically a vacuum cleaner for my skin.
- Just a razor….I usually use a men’s razor but at the time I don’t have any so here is a fabulous Gilette Venus one you can get for $1.99 at Walgreens, the corner of happiness 🙂
- I just have a plain old clip to pile my hair in a bun after I condition to let my hair soak up the moisture while doing the rest of the routine.
And that’s what I use to clean my body.