I love watching What I Eat in a Day videos on Youtube, so why not transform it into a blog post? Today, I’ll be sharing with you recipes and meals that I ate throughout today. (Keep in mind that I drink about 3-4 liters a day whenever, wherever)
T H E M E A L S
BREAKFAST: I love a good hearty breakfast with fruits and added benefits so of course I turned to my go-to oatmeal bowl with a nice mug of green tea.
- Cook steel cut oats with some almond milk.
- Top it with greek yogurt (blueberry Chobani) and fruit as you please (raspberries and pomegranates).
- I finished it off with some chia and flax seeds.
SNACK: I will be honest, it looks kind of gross which is why I didn’t try it for a looooooong time but it now one of my favorite snacks ever. It tastes amazing, is super healthy, and is fast and easy to make. It doesn’t get any better than that.
- Cut dates in half….
- Spread peanut butter.
- and… enjoy!
LUNCH: Nothing beats a good salad when it comes to lunchtime so I made myself a Mexican inspired meal that only took me about 10-15 minutes to make.
- Chop up some kale.
- Mash an avocado, squirt some lemon juice, and shake some pepper on top.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes and onions (I cried cutting the onion so beware), and put more lemon and pepper.
- Toss the ingredients in and top it off with some MORE pepper and basil and maybe even some chili flakes 🙂
DINNER: For dinner I had a delicious and savory quinoa bowl filled with heaps of chopped tofu and string beans mixed in. Super simple and super yummy.
- Cook a mixture of brown and white quinoa while chopping up tofu and string beans.
- Sautee the veggies and toss into the quinoa.
DESSERT: As someone who loves milkshakes, finding healthy alternatives can really stick. I made a vegan and healthy chocolate, banana, and peanut butter milkshake.
- Blend 2 RIPE bananas with organic soy milk to start the base.
- Add in 4 pitted dates, half a handful of cacao nibs, chia seeds, a spoonful of peanut butter, and blend!
- Chill the milkshake by blending in some ice cubes.
And there you have it! What I ate today 🙂