I’ve decided to go back to the root of my “womanhood” and keep my makeup minimal with curled lashes, somewhat of a strong brow, and a lip color. As someone whose beauty philosophy is to keep it minimal and effortless, the only thing I really splurge on makeup wise is a trusty, well packaged lip product. I personally think that if you have a good lip and good brows, you’re golden so here is a list of easy and godly lip products you MUST own.
T H E P R O D U C T S
- YSL Volupte Tint-In Oil (Peach Me Love): It sounds like what it is without the Volupte part (pardon my French). It’s not so oily that you feel like you’ve dunked your lips in olive oil, but oily enough that it’s extremely hydrating and adds the perfect amount of color and shine. Once that shine dies off, no need to reapply; the color will be still be there. Even through that juicy Shake Shack burger which by the way, I could totally use one.
- Korres Lip Butter (Wild Rose): Ok, you guys get it, I am obsessed with this stuff. It’s not even a secret love of mine anymore because I simply cannot stop talking about it but I’m serious. Buy it now because it’s heaven in a jar. Can’t beat that, right?
- Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (Rosewood): God damnit Clarins, just call it a good lip gloss! It’s really is though. I’m extremely particular about lip glosses because nothing is worse than spewing out hairs from your once good looking lip gloss, but this is honestly the best thing ever. It’s not sticky what so ever which you will find with all of these products. It smells like a cupcake (and tastes like one too), is the perfect amount of shine, and still the perfect nude color. Don’t let the description “nude” fool you. You won’t look like Kim Kardashian in her not so prime time, promise.
- Sephora Kiss Me Balm (Soda Pop): Yes, it’s purple, not it’s not vampy and creepy looking. It’s sheer and hydrating so if you smudge it a bit, you’ve got a good fall color. Plus it looks cute in the packaging so why the hell not?
- Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm (Hibiscus): On the natural ingredients side which I’m obsessed with, this lip balm is hydrating, yummy smelling, and well, tinted. There’s nothing bad about it. Oh, and you can get this at Walgreens for literally $7.
There you have it, the lip products that offer great moisture, color, but not a drop of sticky-ness which I’m sure is a concern for all.