There’s this thing called school. Ever heard of it? It basically sucks the living crap out of you, so much that you or I to say the least don’t get a decent amount of sleep and just can’t get it together.Let’s put it into perspective. Here is a breakdown of a day in the life of Brenda Liang:
- Wake up at 7:10 am because no matter how many times I tell myself I’m going to get up at 6:45 am, I’m not going to pursue that life goal.
- Brush my teeth and wash my face. This should only take me 7 minutes tops but it takes me 15. Don’t ask.
- Change into my uniform, swipe Old Spice onto my pits, and grab clothes for practice.
- Sprint downstairs make some yummy breakfast and rush out the door.
- Get to school late by five to ten minutes…
- Find out I left my laptop of folder at home…
- Die during practice runs..
- Take forever to eat dinner and take a shower…
- Start homework at nine due to the fact that my house is literally in a separate country from my school and well, Netflix.
- Aaaaand sleep. 🙂 Zzzzz
So in conclusion, I need to get it together. At the beginning of every school year/regular year, I tell myself to get it together and it goes really well, but only for the first two weeks. I can see that I’m starting to fall apart from the Appalachians growing on my forehead to the fact that I’m late to school every damn day with at least one thing missing from my backpack. To get myself back into the groove and back on track, here are the ways that I plan to get it together ASAP, because let me tell you honey, I need it more than anyone.
Just a picture of me trying to get it together…
W H A T T O D O
- Pack your bags the day before and set them by the door: This way, you’ve got one less thing to worry about and you can fly out the door in no time.
- Wear matching bras and underwear: You just feel a little more put together, ok?
- Put down your phone: Because you and I both know that you won’t be on it for ONLY 10 minutes.
- TIME-MANAGE: And write that plan down. An anecdote that corresponds well with this seemingly reoccurring issue would be that fact that yesterday I had a plan to wake up and 9 and start work at 10:30 and do homework and stuff but LOL NAW. More like wake up at 9:30 and stay in bed watching The Office until 4pm.
- Calm down: I don’t think I’m really the person to say this because I am pretty frantic for no reason all the time, but honestly, who even cares if you’re late to school for like 5 minutes? Most likely, nothing is that bad that you should be hyperventilating over it so just calm down, errbody.
- Clean up and de-clutter your life: Trust me, I would know. Imagine walking into your closet every morning with everything unorganized and out of control; you have no idea where anything is! So clean and de-clutter your life because it clears your mind thus cleaning out your thought process.
And that my friends, is how you get your shit together.