My next vacation (Thanksgiving break) is a little more than a month away. Despite the seemingly never ending amount of times I complain about my school’s eggplant parm, it’s pretty much right around the corner. Thank the heavens above because I think I need this break more than anyone. Even though I won’t be going anywhere, I’ll be having a nice stay-cation right on my sofa with my laptop fully charged to power through episodes on episodes of The Office. For those who are more fortunate to relax on a tropical island or strut through the most beautiful cities in the world, here are my essentials to help lessen the pain and torture I feel while being thousands of feet up in the air.
T H E E S S E N T I A L S
- Reading Material: Some people shudder at the thought of sticking their nose in a book for several hours on end, but for me I look forward to it. Especially since I’ll be on a 15 hour plane ride to China, it’ll give me something to occupy myself with and get some reading done. If you’re not an avid book reader, magazines and newspapers are great to know what’s up but if you are, I would definitely recommend: Eleanor and Park, The Beginning Of Everything, Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Where’d You Go Bernadette?
- Headphones: Similarly, I’m an avid music listener. I listen to music non-stop. Literally. I’m listening to Often by the Weekend right now. I listen to it as I get ready for school, in the car on the way to school, during study hall, when I do my homework, workout, study, shower, etc. So pretty much 24/7. So of course I have to have my headphones with me! If you aren’t really into music which is very rare, you might as well bring them so you don’t have to use those uncomfortable earbuds they give you on the plane.
- Laptop: This may not pertain to everyone but as a student, blogger, and Netflix addicted teen, a laptop may be necessary.
- Sweater: Airplanes can get pretty cold so make sure you pack a thin yet warm blanket like sweater/scarf.
- Hand Sanitizer: We’re in an airplane and an airport. Enough said.
- Sheet Masks: I don’t often have time to pamper my skin so planes are the perfect place to do so. Yes, you may scare old women who just woke up from their six hour nap, but your skin will thank you. Especially with all the recycled drying air circulating in a compact area, your skin needs a little TLC.
- Rose Salve: As mentioned in one of my previous posts, a general essential.
- Eye Cream: You want to show your Oprah bags as much love as you show your skin!
- Hand Cream: With washing your hands and the drying air, hands can look really wrinkly and old so making sure you have a hand cream on hand (pun intended) will ensure moisturized and young looking hands #goals.
- Face Cream: Try opting for a thicker consistency so you give your skin a night-time treatment because most likely you’ll be spending the night in the plane. Having a nice creamy face moisturizer will ensure a bright and hydrated face when you wakeup.
- Green Tea Bags: SO IMPORTANT. Just ask for a cup of hot water and steep your tea in. Green tea is amazing for you; it prevents skin blemishes, de-puffs the body, and revitalizes and energizes. It’s a common issue to be dehydrated on the plane so aside from green tea drink tons of (coconut) water!
- Evian Face Mist: I use this probably about 5 times an hour on the plane because it gives your skin a glow and keeps it constantly fresh and hydrated. Great little pick-me-up. Just make sure it’s less than the liquid limit!