I’m gonna skip over an introduction because 1) I have no idea what I want to say, 2) explaining my view on inspiration is going to take a hell long time, and 3) There actually is no three but I prefer to have a full set of bullets so it’s not just 1 and 2.
As you can see in my inspirational collage I have created, I’ve got a pretty eclectic mixture of people, styles, products, and pieces that inspire my style. I don’t really have a style, it depends on the day and my mood which is exactly why this collage of inspiration is as chaotic and messy as my thoughts when I get dressed.
T H E I N S P I R A T I O N
- Words: In literature or any type of writing, you write what you feel and want to express. Same goes for fashion, you express your feelings, emotions, mood, atmosphere, and style.
- Lavish Makeup: Always takes me back to visualizing a glamorous woman sitting at her vanity carefully applying her YSL lipstick.
- Classic Designer Purses: Classic bags such as the infamous Birkin or a quilted Chanel always inspire.
- Timeless Ladies: Powerful women of the older ages such as Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana, Grace Kelly, and Marilyn Monroe have this timeless and classic chicness to them that is just as it is, timeless.
- Chiara Ferragni: Chiara deserves her own bullet because she is queen. She keeps her look both simple, classic, but still unbelievably fun. Who else would have the bravery and confidence to stick epic emoji badges, a fluffy keychain and her name on an Hermes Kelly? Not me.
- Model Off-Duty: They somehow manage to keep a classic cool while strutting down the streets.
- Girl-Power Squads: The Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Cara Delevigne, Taylor Swift, Karlie Kloss, and Binx Waltons of the world. They all have their own unique look that totally complements each other and makes them look totally bad-ass yet totally girly. Ahem, Bad Blood music video.
- Classy Perfumes: Hello, Chanel Mademoiselle. Femininity at its finest.
- Androgynous: I just love these pieces that could be seen on a woman as a man.
Generally, what inspires me most is the (be prepared for this uber long sentence): Powerful feminist who knows who she is and is totally confident with herself, therefore wears exactly what she wants and feels whenever and totally owns it.